Saturday 8 March 2014

Review: Pure Beauty Pomegranate Antioxidant 2-in-1 Foam Cleanser

Sorry that I've been away from the blogosphere for too long a break. I believe that I'm back with a greater determination than before, now that I possess a brand new iPad Air with a matching Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Folio :D

However, uploading photos is still a pain in the a*s as I personally think that my point and shoot camera takes better pictures than iPad Air does.

Ok, redirecting to today's review of Pure Beauty Pomegranate Antioxidant 2-in-1 Foam Cleanser.




I recalled my first encounter with Pure Beauty few years ago when it was first launched in Malaysia. On that very fine day, I was browsing at Watson's all alone, hunting for new beauty products, and I was quickly caught by this sales assistant who then recommended their eye masks from the pomegranate antioxidant range to target my dark eye circles and eye bags. I had not heard about Pure Beauty yet. All I knew was that Fish Leong was their spokes person, and I thought well, it can't be bad! Ha, I was that naive back then!

And so I went home with their Pomegranate Antioxidant eye masks and still repurchasing them every now and then. Enough to say that they aren't bad products ya?

About a year later, as I started to explore the high-end products and put behind all others, I came across Estee Lauder's Nutritious skincare line. I got myself a few products and when their BA pushed me to purchase the whole line, I stayed firm and did not get their 2-in-1 cleanser, as I already have some stocks lining up at home. But as I got home, the cleanser kept playing in my mind and I started to regret for not buying it.

Few weeks later, I was again at Watson's and saw this cleanser on the display, selling at a very affordable price (RM 21.90 if I'm not mistaken). I read the description and found it quite similar to Estee Lauder's. Without second thought, I grabbed this and went home with joy, thinking that I've found a cheap dupe of what I've been wanting!




On the box, it says that this cleanser will help to protect collagen reserves, promote healthier skin and help in skin rejuvenation. The Pure Beauty's Pomegranate Antioxidant Skincare Range delivers a 3-steps protection - neutralising damaging free radical, preventing oxidative damage, and boosting skin circulation to create a healthy and radiant complexion.


"Our unique combination of ingredients - featuring Korean Pomegranate Fruit Extract, Swiss RADICARE, French ECOCERT validated fruit and herbal extracts, and Bulgarian Rose Water - work together to promote healthy, radiant and youthful skin, promoting nutrition, hydration and invigoration, while simultaneously fighting free radicals and providing anti-aging and antioxidation benefits."


It all sounds so wonderful and promising to give all the good that our skin needs.

The product comes in a 125mL squeeze bottle in pearly white, with a metallic red twist cap. As a lazy woman, I naturally dislike the twist cap and prefer flip open ones.




It squeezes out smooth and look! There are tiny orange beads in it which I thought will burst into nutritious active ingredients as we rub against our skin! But I was quickly proved wrong because I really didn't feel anything then. No fun factor :(

The foam cleanser lathers up a little and smells just like, uhm, pomegranate. Do not expect it to lather into thick foam. I usually squeeze about an inch and it's enough for my face and neck.




It rinses off quite easily and leaves a clean feeling, which is perfect to be used after my Biore cleansing oil to remove any residual filmsy feeling. I must say that the cleansing power is quite superior for a drugstore brand. However, I dare not to use it twice a day as I'm afraid that it might be too drying for my skin.

To use it as a purifying mask, I will spread a generous amount over my damp face and neck before shower, and then leave it on, proceed with shampooing my hair, then wash it off together with the shampoo (lazy people always have their lazy ways) and viola! My face is so fresh and clean! Beware though, don't let it gets into your eyes as this really stings!! Ouch!

I like it as a night cleanser but I'm not sure about all the claims regarding collagen reserve and healthier skin. Cleanser is a cleanser. To cleanse without sucking away all the skin moisture, I think it is good enough. I do however love that it's alcohol free.


My Verdict:  ★★★
For a wallet friendly price, this cleanser deserves a 3 stars from me :)


Repurchase? Maybe, but not in short future

Having using this for the past 2 months, I will finish this and move on to other cleansers in my stash.



As to whether this is good enough to be labeled as a dupe for Estee Lauder's Nutritious Purifying 2-in-1 Foam Cleanser? I will try to get my hands on the latter for comparison later, not in near future :p (still sticking to my 100-days-spending-ban eh?)

1 comment:

  1. Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 Titanium - TI-NAC-SAK
    Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 where is titanium found is a 3D surgical steel vs titanium watch from an advanced OLED production studio at the Sontava of the Sontava of the Sontava of the Sontava of the Sontava of the Sontava of the Sontava of  Rating: 4.7 · mens titanium rings ‎13 reviews · ‎$199.00 2014 ford focus titanium hatchback · microtouch titanium trim walmart ‎In stock

    ReplyDelete