Wednesday 29 May 2013

Review: Etude House Wonder Pore Freshner

Today I'm gonna put up a review on Etude House Wonder Pore Freshner which I started using about 3 months back.

I got totally no idea why did I buy this in the first place since my skin concern is never about pore minimizing/ pore refining. Furthermore, the price is also not that really wallet-friendly, at the cost of RM 79.90 if I'm not mistaken. Maybe it's because of the unique packaging it has. God knows. ;)

 

First of all, the name is rather weird. It is suppose to work like a toner, but they decided to name it a freshner, which I think should be spelled as "freshener" anyway.


And here's the list of benefits that it promised to give:
(1) Deep cleanses pores: This is true as I usually see dirt on the cotton pad even after double cleansing
(2) Maintain pH 4.5 ± 1: Not sure about this as I do not have the device to measure skin pH. I thought the normal skin pH should be around 5.5? Correct me if I'm wrong.
(3) Control a large amount of the sebum: Could not comment on this as I do not have a large amount of sebum to start with.
(4) Minimize appearance of pores: Same as above. I do not have large pores usually.
(5) Refine the skin tones: Definitely not. I do not feel any improvement in my skin tone. Instead, my skin texture became rough and dry after using this. And it also gives a tingling sensation during application, which makes me feel worried that it might burn my skin.
(6) Keep the elasticity of pores: I don't really understand this statement by the way.
(7) Moisturize inside and outside of skin: As stated above in (5), this product dries out my skin. So it's a big no no.



This is the unique packaging I was talking about. You just need to place a cotton pad on the dispensing platform and push it down. This will pump up the fluid automatically to soak the cotton pad.


The dispensing method is perfectly designed for the big 500ml bottle as we do not need to pick up the heavy bottle every time we want to get the product out. This will definitely prevent our biceps from building up :p



My Verdict:  ★☆☆☆☆

-only gives 1 out of 7 benefits it claimed
-makes my skin worse
-tingling sensation during application is totally unpleasant
-relatively more expensive
-takes forever to finish up the bottle


Repurchase? A big NO NO!!!


I know that many girls out there had benefited from this product. However, for something that has so many negative feedback from me, there is no other choice than to kiss it goodbye. So I gave it to my sister and truly hope that it can do good to her skin. It was my fault after all to simply buy things that I do not need.


Byebye Wonder Pore Freshner. Your place is gonna be replaced by Haruhada Sake Skin Lotion from today onwards and I shall never see you again on my dressing table.


Have you tried the Etude House Wonder Pore Freshner? Did it make your skin better or worse?

No comments:

Post a Comment