Monday 2 December 2013

Discipline! Discipline! Discipline! - 100 Days Spending Ban Campaign! Roll The Drums!!!




Excuse me for the ugly drawing. Teehee~ :D


Oh yes I know I’ve been M.I.A. for waaaaayyyy too long and had my blog all piled up with dust already.

Sorry for not having any update for the past 4 months, thanks to the super busy schedule at A&E department with double shift (ie. working from 7:30am to 3:30pm then continues from 9:30pm to 10:30am the next day) almost every other day. BUT! Finally I’m done with my housemanship training! Hooray!! :D :D :D

Today is my first day working as a medical officer, but temporarily “floating” in A&E department until I get my definite posting in, hopefully Alor Star. Till then, I guess I shall remain “floating” till February or March 2014.

Work apart.

I have to admit that I was splurging too much on beauty products and fashions for the past 1 year or so. Up till the point that I actually am having difficulty to store and keep them within the limited space in my room. So during my 2 weeks of applied leave, I took out all my “properties” and “precious” to have an idea of what I actually own, and how many of them am I really using or wearing. Talking about money well spent.

To my surprise (or maybe not so surprising as I do have a good insight that I was overspending), I could say that I will have enough new clothes and shoes for EVERY SINGLE DAY from the first to fifteenth day of Chinese New Year, and enough sheet masks for a year if I want to practice “a mask a day” as advocated by Taiwan celebrity Fan Wei Qi, the spokesperson for Kose.

It’s also not surprising to see a lot of hair clips, hair bands, belts, earrings, necklaces and bangles in my room, brand new, unused, but fortunately neatly organized by the OCD me. Worse still, I have like a hundred of nail polishes to try on, and dozens of lipsticks, lipglosses, and BLUSHES, yet to be painted on me. Luckily I have my sister to help with the nail polishes. Oh ya, and bags too.

And books. ö

Hoarder me.


~~~x~~~  ~~~X~~~  ~~~x~~~  ~~~X~~~  ~~~x~~~  ~~~X~~~  ~~~x~~~  ~~~X~~~  ~~~x~~~


I can’t help but to force myself to go through a 100-days-spending-ban campaign. Else my impulsive shopping spree will be never-ending, and getting more and more unhealthy. Wish me luck.

And I guess today is the best day to start my 100-days-spending-ban, now that I am starting a new phase of life as a medical officer, yes? :)



So, let’s first set the rules and regulations for this campaign.

      1.       No spending on beauty products and fashions from 2/12/2013 to 11/3/2014
      2.       For each day of success, I shall put RM30 as a fund for my Hong Kong trip, intended in September 2014(still in discussion phase with the boyfriend)
      3.       Any violation of rules shall extend my spending ban for 10 days
      4.       Exceptions if spending is unavoidable (ie. uniform/activity t-shirt if needed)
      5.       During the period of spending ban, I shall still go for monthly facial session and 2 monthly permanent underarm hair removal at Dermalogica, which I had already signed up for earlier
      6.       I shall try to use up my skincare products as much as possible, but I only have 1 face to work on
7.       I shall be expecting more sheet masks from Taiwan, which I had asked my brother to get for me during his trip
      8.       I shall make a list of the things that I wanted to buy during spending ban and go through it fortnightly, so that I can think twice and even thrice, before I make my purchase at the end of the campaign
      9.       And yes, I shall grant myself a RM500 allowance at the end of my spending ban for all those items that I was eyeing on for the past 100 days (Average RM5 per day is reasonable right?)
      10.   I shall try to update my blog more frequent for the benefit of the readers and myself, set it once a week ok?



I have prepared 100 pieces of masks and will be really practicing the “a mask a day” from today onwards. Gonna have to pamper myself a little during this long period of spending ban. Let’s see if my skin will go glowing like nobody’s business or will it be breaking out like crazy at the end of the campaign. And that will contribute quite a number of blog posts too rite? :p

2 campaigns running at one go ya?

I’m currently having the urge to purchase few items (Etude House &Rose Eye Shadow Palette, Sephora Makeup Academy Palette, Estee Lauder ANR2, Laneige Water Sleeping Pack, Bag of Love/ BeauBox subscription) , and I can’t seem to get rid of the idea for the past 3 weeks or so. Shall give myself 100 days to see how they will weigh in my wish list, and whether I will bring them home with my RM500 allowance!

Feeling excited already!

No comments:

Post a Comment