Sunday 8 December 2013

Review: Elianto REVEAL Nourishing Cleansing Milk



 Elianto REVEAL Nourishing Cleansing Milk, 150mL


"Elianto Reveal Nourishing Cleansing Milk leaves your skin feeling soft and nourished after cleansing.
Formulated with Rice starch, Rice oil, Granatum extract to protect against free radicals, it also contains sweet almond oil and avocado oil to nourish skin and boost skin regeneration."


I have wanted to review this cleansing milk for the longest time ever but due to my ultra laziness, the thought has just been sitting in my mind for the past 1 month or so.

This, was one of my impulsive purchases from Elianto which I regretted afterwards. Fortunately it didn’t burn a big hole in my wallet with the acceptable price of RM39.90.

Packaging wise, I do like the stopper provided to avoid unwanted wastage when one accidentally pressed on the pump. However, the pump system was a failure as you can see from here that the last 5% of product was extremely difficult to be pumped up from the bottom. The transparent purplish bottle was nice to see with its classy appearance.


Texture wise, this Nourishing Cleansing Milk is quite runny and could easily flow off your palm if you aren’t careful. Once applied to face, it turns even runnier and almost liquid, so it will flow down your neck and cause a mess.

And this, has absolutely no foam at all and does not lather, which does not hit the right button for me as I prefer foamy cleansers as mentioned earlier. I was forewarned by the BA about this so no surprise.  Reminded me of the olden days when we used to remove make up by using baby lotion. This feels exactly the same, but stings a little if I were to use it after my facial session with Dermalogica.

I usually use a full 2-3 pump for each wash, partly because I wanted to finish it fast. The cleansing power is quite poor and leaves behind a filmy sensation. No squeaky clean feeling at all. Maybe this is the “moisturizing” part it says on the bottle? But this totally puts me off, so I had to wipe my face with warm towel to get rid of the yucky feeling. Simply splashing with water is definitely not adequate to remove the film.

After using this continuously for the past 3 months, I must say this should have been tossed away earlier. It did absolutely NOTHING for my skin and the main reason of me continue to use it, is because I don’t like to waste my money just like that. Wondering why they named it as “REVEAL” as it really did not reveal any beautiful skin at all. Lucky though, it also did not “reveal” bumps and acnes on my face.

No comment on the firming and anti-oxidant properties as I don’t usually believe that cleansers are able to take care of these issues. Leave that to serums, masks and moisturizers.

The scent is not heavenly, but was nice to sniff at. Smells like a mixture of rice and milk, with some floral hint. It does contain fragrance in its ingredient list.

Now that I have only 5% of product left in the bottle and find it difficult to dispense from the pump, I shall just forget about it and start a new journey with another cleanser on my stash. No more looking back!



My Verdict:  ★☆☆☆☆


-smells nice
-packaging looks classy with stopper provided to avoid potential disaster
-friendly cost at RM39.90


Drawbacks:
-pump system fails to deliver last bit of product
-poor cleansing power
-leave behind filmy sensation
-stings a little if used after chemical peeling


Repurchase? Definitely NO.



7 days into my 100-days-spending-ban challenge and I’m staying strong! Still sticking to my “a mask a day” campaign and not seeing any drastic changes on my skin condition yet.

7 x 30 = 210

I now have RM210 in my travel fund!
Hooray and keep it up, Eliz!

No comments:

Post a Comment